time of thin blood

the burden of genius..

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

tears for fears

when i was young, i used to fear the dark. specially when it's pitch black. i was afraid to sleep alone.

because i had this immense fear of the boogeyman.
old stories about him made me shudder just thinkin' about it.
he was harmless, i know. but damn i was afraid of him.
for many a night's sleep i would wake up in the middle of the night because he never let up. he was my childhood fear.

but that was then.
i grew up. i forgot about him.

but hell, he grew up too.
and came back for me.

i first encountered him when i got home from work. tired, stressed, and beat. i didn't recognize him. i thought it was just another bad dream.
then he'd visit me every now and then, and in between sleepless nights, i realized one thing.

it was him. my childhood fear has come back. albeit in a different form. even more vicious than before.

the sandman.

harbinger of nightmares and bad dreams.

he's grown up alright. this time, he kills.
he's ended many lives already. some of them, i know.

this time he's learned no respect.
this time, he's all outta humour.

he visits me every now and then. and everytime he does, he takes away pieces of my soul. he's eating away my humanity.

many times i'd wake up sweating, with a heartburn, a headache, and sometimes with a nosebleed.

iv'e never given up in my fight against him though. i do, find ways to last my nights with him. but it's a losing battle.

one day, he's gonna work his way inside me.
one day, he'll be the death of me.

one day...but not today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home