time of thin blood

the burden of genius..

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

a prayer on forgiveness

"Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, but have not thought. All we ought to have said, but have not said. All we ought to have done but have not done. I pray thee, God, for forgiveness."

this was Ahmed's prayer on the movie titled "Thirteenth Warrior".
whenever i think about it, it gives me the creeps.

it says everything.

it's like, the mother of all prayers on forgiveness.
he was right. it's a prayer appropriate for all sinner genres.
For the light sinners and heavy sinners, if there ever was one.

i ain't religious, y'know. i don't even have a religion. but i sure as hell think it's a damn good prayer.

one day, when i make my peace with God, i will, say that prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home