time of thin blood

the burden of genius..

Saturday, October 07, 2006

play the world

i never believed in destiny, or fate.

i don't like the idea that i have no control over this life.

even if things may seem like they were all planned and laid out for me, i just think it's just plain coincidence.

and sometimes dumb luck.

people believe in fate because they need a reason for everything.

if things may seem unreasonably coincidental, and that such events may look like it was planned or something, people start looking for an explanation. and if they can't find one, they create one.

they call it fate. they call it destiny. they call it differently, each time.

everything happens for a reason, they say.

that is hopeless thinking. you did something. that's what made you, what you are now.

ain't nobody pulling any of them strings.

i have my own free will. i am the master of my destiny.

i alone, control my future. i live, for my own reasons.

my world, my life. i'm calling all the shots.

play your own world. don't let somebody else play yours, and don't let nobody play you.

i think i've already had this conversation with someone. i just can't remember who and when. darn it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home