time of thin blood

the burden of genius..

Friday, December 08, 2006

sands of time

time. it changes things.

it changes people. it changes everything.

angels can't be angels forever.

the angel you used to know, can, in a matter of months, lose her wings.

depends on what kind of personality she has. or, it could be that you're the one who's changing, not the other way around.

but it's crazy, because you wouldn't admit that you've changed. she wouldn't admit it either. so i'm guessing it could be both.

i used to know an angel. she saved me. during the time of my great wasting, she held me up. she carried me someplace else, someplace far away from the purgatory i was neck deep in.

she breathed life to my decaying soul.

i was given peace of mind. and my life was colorful again.

but things didn't stay that way. somehow things changed. the colors i used to see turned pale. what was once wonderfully hopeful turned bleak.

it was me. i was an infected soul. everything about me was not constant. things about me change a lot. i just couldn't figure out why.

no matter how resilient my angel was, she too, changed. slowly, her wings burned up. her once bright eyes turned darker with each passing month and i can hardly see them anymore due to the gloom.

turns out, i had the midas touch. only, everything i touch turns to shi*.

she looks at me differently now. i used to be so hopeful, and intelligent, and perfect, in her eyes.

now i'm only a vision of what used to be great. and beneath that vision lies the decaying image of what i really am and what i can be.

my angel, sacrificed her angelic virtue in exchange for my love. and so that we could both be angels.

but i loved her for her angelic virtue. because she made me an angel too.

my angel wanted me to become like her. but it only meant that she'd have to fall, to lift me up.

her sacrifice caused both of us to fall, in the end.

time changes things, you see.

funny thing is, people don't want things to change but they change anyway, because they get tired of the same old thing.

a constant never changes, yet change, is a constant.

a paradox in itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home